As a PHR, Professional in Human Resources, and as a SHRM-Certified Professional, Elizabeth Nelson offers training and consulting specializing in:
Writing, Editing, & Research
- Employee Handbooks
- Job Descriptions
- Blog Articles
- Government and Business Reports
Workshops and Services — Individual or Team
- Interviewing for competency and behavior
- Customer Service Excellence including Cultural Nuances
- Public Speaking
- Research Ease
- DISC--How Do You Relate to Those Who Differ in Style & Behavior?
- Sexual Harassment CA Compliance Training
- Executive and HR Coaching
- Full-Cycle Recruiting -On or Off Site
- Your “Inner View”
- Elizabeth has added a one-to-one consultation session, ” Interview Workshop–Your Inner View” which will now be offered to individual job seekers wishing to master interviewing skills before their next interview. Email Elizabeth at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Within the public and library sector, Elizabeth provides strategic planning and collection development for public and school libraries.
Nelson Consulting and Training is based in San Diego, CA. We currently provide in-person training and consulting in Southern CA: San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles. Remote training and consulting via teleconferences and webinars may also be requested as early as January 2018.
Elizabeth Nelson, PHR, SHRM-CP: Education & Credentials
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana BA English, Speech, Education
University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois MLS, Library Science
CA State University, Long Beach, CA Masters in Public Administration (MPA)
UCLA Extension, West Los Angeles, CA, Human Resource Certificate
UCSD Extension, San Diego, CA Human Resource Added Courses: -Behavior and Competency Interviewing (2012)
-Performance Management (2014)
-Strategic Talent Acquisition (2015)
Awards and Professional Associations:
– Notice of Commendation, L.A.P.L.
– Samuel May Award for Research Study, Western Gov. Research Association
– PHR National Certification June 30, 2007; renewed to 2019
– SHRM-Certified Professional Dec. 2015; renewed to 2019
– Recognition of Valuable Contribution to National University
– Pi Alpha, Alpha Honor Society, for public administration CSULB
– Speaker for N.U Sacramento, Faculty Best Practices Seminar
– Presenter at CLA Conference: Ontario, CA
– Presenter at Off-Campus Library Service Conference: Carefree, AZ
– Presenter at LOEX: Louisville, KY
– Presenter at CCLI; Chairperson for CCLI Committee
– SHRM National member 2017
– ATD National, member 2017; ATD San Diego, member 2017
– ATD Coaching Certificate–Helping others develop, take action, make better decisions, set goals, and achieve satisfying results. As a participant, I learned to coach through a process which enriches the performance of individuals, teams, or an entire organization–June 5, 2015
– ATD Consulting Certificate–Advising on: Change Management Strategy, Performance Gaps, Discovering Your Best Style and Approach, Critical Thinking and Analysis, July 2016.
– ATD E-Learning Instructional Design Certificate. July 2017 –Enriching E-Learning Results for 21st Century audiences
– SHRM California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices, April, 2016
– DISC Training Certification–Adapting Behavior in Communicating, Managing, and Finding Smoother Relationships